Posted 1 year ago
An accounting firm based in Ottawa and Toronto are looking for a Junior Accountant to join the team in Toronto. This will be a full-time position with a detailed job description below. Learning and coaching among our staff are always encouraged because we promote self-advancement in our office. This Junior Accountant position, while is focused on bookkeeping and daily office administration for now, will have plenty of exposure to tasks related to financial reporting and taxation. New grads welcome.
- Perform annual / monthly bookkeeping and daily office administration tasks;
- Organize and file documents;
- Filling government remittances GST/HST, payroll source deduction, WSIB and EHT;
- Prepare information returns such as T3, T4, and T5;
- Assist preparing personal T1 tax returns and related schedules;
- Assist preparing year-end financial statements for clients in various industries.
- Accounting Degree/Diploma;
- Prudent and attention to details;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Willingness to work overtime during busy seasons;
- Prior experience in bookkeeping and tax filing an asset;
- Fluent in both English and Chinese (Mandarin) an asset.